WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
- Choosing your place of birth: what's the evidence and where is best for you?
- Planning your next birth: how this differs second time, when to call for help and what to do if birth is very quick.
- Coping skills for birth: water, movement, sound, aromatherapy, medical pain relief options.
- Focus on the role of the father/partner: looking after your partner, the children and yourself during the birth and early weeks.
- Reminder on early newborn care (nappies/cord care/jaundice/rashes) and postnatal recovery (wound/stitches/bleeding/pelvic floor)
- Preparing your older child for the birth, meeting the new baby & becoming an older sibling.
- Coping with (and enjoying!) two – practical advice on managing feeding times, bathing two, getting around and nurturing a positive sibling relationship. (Includes basic sling-wearing advice for hands-free newborn care).
- Feeding information and advice (breast, bottle, expressing) – solving common feeding issues, settling and swaddling.
- The emotional implications of a second child –looking after your family's well-being and mental health.