THE POSITIVE BIRTH MOVEMENT - EAST DULWICH GROUP
The Positive Birth Movement is spreading positivity about childbirth via a global network of free Positive Birth Groups. At the PBM, we don't hold one kind of birth up above another. We believe that any kind of birth can be a positive birth, and that it is up to women to decide where and how they have their baby. The PBM strives for Informed Choice. We believe this will come as a matter of course if women are allowed to share thoughts and ideas in an open and accepting space.
At each session a different birth topic will be discussed and you will have the chance to share ideas, thoughts, feelings and information with other pregnant women and new mums and local professionals that want to support women through their positive birth journey. We meet in Spinach, 161 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich SE22 8HD. This a family friendly event and feel free to bring your children along if you need to.
The next meet up is on - Monday 24th July, 10:30am-12:30pm
From October 6th we will meet in Spinach on the first Friday of every month.
We think a positive birth means:
- Women are where they want to be
- Choices are informed by reality not fear
- Mothers are empowered and enriched
- Memories are warm and proud
We aim to:
- Challenge the culture of negativity and fear that exists around birth
- Share positive experience
- Share information about choices and rights in childbirth
- Encourage women to raise their expectations about childbirth
If you would like to come along to one of our FREE discussion groups or learn more about PBM please fill in the form below.